The A2Z WordFinder Wordox® finder is a powerful word search utility once you are
familiar with a few easy-to-understand concepts. It will help you find words from the rack letters alone, and will also fit words into the existing board layout letters using the word patter option to let you steal your opponents points!.
- The Basics - Type in the letters from your rack into the Rack letters
field. If you want to build your word using parts of other words, then you can type in
the pattern of letters and empty spaces from the game board into the Pattern field.
Use '_', '#' or '?' characters for empty spaces. All other fields are set by default
to allow this simple search to work properly.
- Limiting word length - By default, all words matching the letters and/or pattern you
enter will be listed in the Search Results regardless of length. However, you can limit
the length of the listed words by setting the Min. Word Length field.
- Sorting the words - The WordOx® Search Results page can be
set to sort the matching words either by length (shorter words first), by score (highest score first), or
- Pattern Matching - The pattern you enter can be interpreted in one of several ways,
as described in the following list:
- Match pattern exactly - The pattern will only match words of the same
length or shorter (subject to the Min. Word Length limit). The words
must also contain the indicated letters in the given positions.
For example, the pattern "_at__" would match "bathe", "latin",
"bat", and "atom".
It would not match "mathematics", because it is too long.
- Match pattern at start of word - The pattern will only match at the beginning of a word.
For example, the pattern "wo" would match "work", "wood",
and "worry", but not "unwound", since the "wo" in
"unwound" occurs in the middle of the word.
- Match pattern at end of word - The pattern will only match at the end of a word.
For example, the pattern "an" would match "bean", "span", and
"man", but not "annual",
since the "an" in "annual" occurs in the beginning of the word.
- Match pattern anywhere in word - The pattern will match anywhere in a word.
For example, the pattern "or" would match "orange", "more",
- Required Letters - When you want to specify that certain letters must
be in any matching words returned, you can click on the Use Upper-Case As Required Letters?
check box. Then, any letters typed into your Rack letters field that are
capitalized will be required to exist in the matching results. For example, if your letters
contained "TaBea", and your Min. Word Length was set to 3, then you
would find "tab", "bat", "bet", and "abate" which all have t and b,
but not "tea" since it does not contain the required letter "b".
- Registered Trademarks Acknowledgement: Scrabble®, Jumble®, Literati®, and WordOx® are registered trademarks of their respective owners and not of A2zNews.com, LLC. or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Use of such trademarks on this website does not imply any affiliation with or sponsorship or endorsement by their respective owners.